Resources You Can Use
To follow are some useful links and real estate partners I recommend. Buying a home and refinancing can be a daunting experience if you do not have proper support, so I hope all of these help. Also, please check out my e-book, which is a guideline for buying your first home, but can also be used as a refresher if you are currently a homeowner: FINANCING YOUR FIRST HOME EBOOK
Real Estate Calculators
- IRS Withholding Calculator — See how changing your exemptions will affect your take home pay and thus can help you best manage your new tax and homeowner responsibilities.
- Mortgage Interest Tax Deduction Calculator — This will show you how much you can write off each year (roughly). Speak to you tax adviser for an accurate assessment, but it’s a great tool to help show you your net effective mortgage payment.
- Tax Savings Calculator — Similar to the above, but allows you to see your overall tax savings.
- Rent versus Buy Calculator — It can be useful to see where the advantage is, both short-term and long-term.
Other Financial Tools & Useful Links
- Annual Credit Report — You’re allowed to pull your credit report for free once per year. It’s extremely important to keep tabs on your credit.
- California Housing Finance Agency — A great state financing program that (usually) offers below market interest rates and down payment assistance programs to first time homebuyers. I am CalHFA-trained and approved.
- Mortgage Indexes – Use this tool to see historical Index rates. This can be especially useful when analyzing how your ARM will adjust.
- Shopping for Your Home Loan – A booklet prepared by HUD as a general guide to settlement closing costs.
- Your Home Loan Toolkit – A booklet prepared by the CFPB. Due to the “Know Before You Owe” rule, this is to replace the above “Shopping for Your Home Loan” booklet.
- Consumer Handbook on Adjustable Rate Mortgages – Information regarding ARMs, how they adjust and other considerations.
- What You Should Know About HELOCs — Information regarding equitylines.
Outstanding, ethical and committed partners that I recommend.
- Melissa Haugh, Keller Williams, 408.309.7173 – Santa Clara County.
- Laila Fields, Laila Fields Real Estate Team, 408.605.8741 – Santa Clara County.
- Mark Easterday, The Mesh Network, 408.887.1821 – Santa Clara County.
- Karen List, Century 21, 408.832.0887 – Santa Clara and Alameda Counties.
- Jeff and Erin Benford, Benford Real Estate, 408.644.5175/408.644.5159 – Santa Clara County.
- Ashley Barringon-Mace, Paragon Real Estate, 415.577.9733 – San Francisco.
- Jennifer Stojanovich, Better Homes Realty, 925.567.6170 – Contra Costa County.
Estate Planning Attorneys
Real Estate Law
- Marika Somorjai, Future Legacy
- Amanda Bonomi, E.A., CFP, 650.224.8906
- Linda Bentson, Old Republic Title Company, 408.255.5880
- Zack Felder, First American Title Company, 408.867.9915
- Tami Hayes, Chicago Title Company, 408.371.4100